blogdowntown.com is the online community hub for Downtown Los Angeles, delivering the news and information that our readers need to be the most informed and active members of their community.
blogging.la is part of a local journalism and media project that began in 2003 right here in Los Angeles. All the site’s content is written specifically for blogging.la by a team of hand picked volunteer contributors.
- Chaplin-Keaton-Lloyd film locations (and more)
This blog supplements the author’s books about Charlie Chaplin, Buster Keaton, and Harold Lloyd with tours, videos, and PowerPoint lectures, as well as new discoveries and expanded coverage of the great silent clowns and their home turf.
- Chill Out LA
Los Angeles area spa, beauty and wellness guide.
CityWatch is LA’s opinion, news and information website and newsletter. CityWatch reports and provides perspective on the issues that face us in Los Angeles at the neighborhood level.
Creepy Los Angeles
Creepy LA is all about the supernatural, the scary, and anything Halloween related in the Los Angeles area.
- Dinerwood: Los Angeles Diner Reviews
A blog that explores the Los Angeles area’s best and worst diners, breakfast joints and coffee shops.
- Eastside Eye
Aesthetically viewing Los Angeles from writer Kathy A. McDonald
- Eating LA
Dedicated to the Los Angeles restaurant scene and historic LA eateries.
- Experience LA Blog
This blog is run in conjunction with ExperienceLA.com – a free public service and online resource for Los Angeles arts and culture funded by a coalition of public agencies.
- Farm Lab
A short-term multi-disciplinary investigation of land use issues that are related to sustainability, livability, and health.
- Franklin Avenue
This site covers everything L.A., from restaurants and events to local media and history.
- Here in Van Nuys
About, but not limited to, Van Nuys, CA
- Huffpost Los Angeles
Los Angeles news, blogs and city guide from the publishers of The Huffington Post.
- I Love Los Angeles, But…
Written by a transplanted New Yorker who loves Los Angeles and wants to explore what’s great about the city, while also seeking solutions to the region’s problems.
- LA Bitter Lemons
Bringing the Los Angeles Theatre Community closer together. Whether they like it or not.
- L.A. Link
A blog about life and art in LA.
- LA Observed
LA Observed is a website devoted to independent reporting, informed commentary and selective linkage on Los Angeles news, media, politics, business, books and other topics.
- Los Angeles: History & Other Explorations
Interesting ways to explore Los Angeles
- Los Angeles is my Beat
A blog by Angeleno Ellen Bloom that focuses on crocheting, knitting, art and all things Los Angeles.
- Martino’s “Lost” Angeles Time Table A place to talk about retro Los Angeles, pop culture and forgotten places.
- Narrow Streets: Los Angeles
- A fantasy urban makeover in photographs.
- SoCal Focus
- SA daily blog about the people, places and issues in and around Southern California.
- Slow Food LA
- Seeks to reconnect Americans with the people, traditions, plants, animals, fertile soils and waters that produce our food. It also works to inspire a transformation in food policy, production practices and market forces.
- The Cinefamily
- The Cinefamily is an organization of movie lovers devoted to finding and presenting interesting and unusual programs of exceptional, distinctive, weird and wonderful films.
- Unframed is a blog of the Los Angeles County Museum of Art intended to create a conversation about the art and artists of LACMA, Los Angeles, and Southern California.
- [view] from a loft
- Random culture and design notes. Founded in the downtown arts district | 2006