Book lovers throughout the greater Los Angeles area have another reason to celebrate. The Grand Park Downtown BookFest is back and will feature “…the largest coalition of Los Angeles-based authors and publishers” of any one-day event.
The Grand Park BookFest promises fun for the entire family and is a great way to spend a day in one of the city’s newer parks. Come on out and support local talent and the organizations that help promote our region’s diverse voices.
Here’s a partial list of activities:
- Shop the local pop-up bookshop curated by Writ Large Press and discover books, zines and literary gems written by LA’s finest (see complete listing here).
- Contribute to The World’s Longest Story, sponsored by 826LA or draw in characters in a monster massive comic book by Ryman Arts.
- Receive your very own poem-on-demand by Poesia Para La Gente*
- Learn how to make your own “zine” by L.A. Zine Fest.
- Visit with Music Center on Tour artist Judith Helton as she brings literary blasts from the past to life by portraying Laura Ingalls Wilder and Beatrix Potter.
- Grab some goodies from The Library Store on wheels.
- Participate in children’s reading circles
- Music provided by DJs Phyz Ed and Danny Holloway
When: March 29, 2014 @ 12:00 pm – 5:00 pm
Where: Grand Park, located at 200 North Grand Avenue in downtown Los Angeles