What’s Obscura Day you ask? It’s an international celebration of unusual places organized by Atlas Obscura that takes you on expeditions, back room tours and explorations of the hidden wonders in your own hometown. Here in Los Angeles you can participate in a number of interesting outings, such as:
- Maja’s Mysteries: Rapture & Release, with Esotouric Tours
- The Echo Park Time Travel Mart
- Picnic at the Abandoned Zoo
- Tour of Octogenarian George Ehling’s Amazing Home with De LaB (Note: Only waitlist tickets currently available)
- An Obscure Day at The Bunny Museum
- The Art of Darkness Scavenger Hunt at the Getty Center
- Examining Bird Specimens at the Moore Laboratory of Zoology
A few of the local events have already sold out and others have limited availability, so order your tickets soon!
If you happen to be travelling to another city on April 28, check out this complete list of events.
When: April 28, 2012
Where: Various locations around Los Angeles
Still want to know more about this event? Here’s a video from Obscura Day 2011.